|The Seventeenth Corp crossing the Ogechee River in Georgia|
The following is from the 150thsandersville.org website.
Children 6 and under:
All admission tickets are purchased at the gate. No advance ticket purchases are available.
All money collected on behalf of this reenactment is considered a donation and is not refundable. Thank you for your understanding.
- Spectator parking will be available. Follow the event signs to Spectator Parking.
- Handicapped parking will be available next to the battlefield site.
- Shuttle service will be provided from Spectator Parking to the battlefield site.
- Camps open to the public from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Saturday troops will enter Sandersville around 10:00 a.m.
- Please note that multiple streets will be closed on Saturday morning entering Sandersville along Ga. Hwy 24 and in downtown for the safety of the reenactors as they skirmish and fight in the streets.
- Sunday battle begins at 2:00 p.m. at Forest Grove Plantation. Allow time to park and walk to the battlefield.
- This is an outdoor event during November, so dress appropriately.
- Food vendors will be available on site.
- No seating will be provided. You may bring lawn chairs, portable stadium chairs, or blankets.
- Please keep in mind that the battlefield terrain may be difficult for some to traverse.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Service dogs will be allowed.
- The event will be held rain or shine! The battles may be delayed while lightning is in the area, but the battles will begin as soon as possible.
Below are events for spectators to attend during the weekend event.
Thursday Nov. 6: 2:00 p.m. – 5 p.m.- Brown House Museum open for Art Exhibit
6:00 p.m. – 9 p.m.- Registration for Reenactors at Forest Grove Plantation
Friday Nov. 7: 9:oo a.m. – 11:00 p.m. -Registration for Reenactors at Forest Grove Plantation
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.- Tours of Brown House by School groups -NOW CLOSED
2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. -Brown House Museum open for Art Exhibit
Saturday Nov. 8: 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.- Registration for Reenactors at Forest Grove Plantation
9:15 a.m.- 97 Regimental String Band play on Courthouse Square
10:00 a.m. - Skirmish on Court House Square
10:30 a.m.: Narrations/Vignettes
- Rev. J.D. Anthony
11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. - Events at Brown House Museum
- Visit Sherman’s headquarters
8:00 p.m.-11:00 PM - Blue/Gray Ball at Forest Grove Plantation
- Renactors attend for free
- Public: $10 per person, children are welcome, under 6 free.
** Period costumes or Business Casual to Formal attire required **
Sunday Nov. 9: 2:00 p.m. - Reenactment at Forest Grove Plantation
Gates open to public at 10:00 a.m.
Spectators are welcome to visit Union and Confederate camps
- Camps open to spectators 10:30 a.m.
- Camps close to spectators 12:30 p.m.
- $5 per person, children under 6 attend for free
- Battle begins at 2:00 p.m.
- Closed to public at 4:00 p.m.